Monday, September 14, 2009

Cross Over



This weekend will mark the beginning of the long anticipated cross season in the Mid Atlantic.
The MAC Series is one of the best in the US and I'm stoked to be racing cross again.
It kicks off with the Nittany Lion Cross at the Velodrome.
I'm pretty fried right now. A full season of racing track Tuesday and Fridays with some road racing mixed in has taken its toll.
That's why cross is fun. Laid back, you go as hard as you want.
I really don't care about the result. Quite frankly, in all the bike racing I do, I really don't care about the result.
Having fun is paramount.
The weather should be ideal. Belgian conditions: Sunny and 60s at the start. I'm gonna race the 35+ B. May also mix in the 35+ A race as well. Depends on how I feel and how many beers I have before, during, and after my race.
I expect the whole Fifth St. Cross crew to be out in force. Maybe even Svatek and Rich?
Bring a cowbell and some cans of $hitty beer and cheer for your favorite bike racer. Or just heckle them. Maybe Rusty will make an appearance? Or maybe he just quit.

3 comments:

  1. Svatek might just make an appearance, to get his ass handed to him in the B's...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking about buying a case of PBR's and handing them out along the course for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think your blog is nice

    ReplyDelete