Sunday, August 23, 2009

Derny Times


I see myself on the infield of this thing for sure...
So my Kiwi mate, James, refers to the Derby as the "Derny". I can see how that mistake is made: we follow hammerheads on the front as if they were motorized...
That's all the real riding I've been doing of late.
Last Tuesday was rained out at the track.
The Wednesday "Derny" was one of the hardest ones on record. 30+mph up Topton.
I think about 15 of us made it over the rollers and about 5 of us sprinted the thing.
Sunday Derby was fun.
Rode from my house to SMC and en route got a front flat on my tubeless setup. 1st flat since putting these things on and the first one of 2009. Not bad.
Made it to SMC and then it blew out when I cranked up the air pressure. Taylor, Cush, B. Ford all contributed to a quick change.
Rolled to the Derby from there...About 80 people, give or take.
Torch took off from about 2k into the way out. I just don't get it.
Medium pace all the way. Nothing to hard. Fun.
Rolled home with Bobby Lea and Kyle Wamsley. They were heading out for another 2.
Madison cup is Friday. Likely the hardest thing I will have ever done on two wheels.
In motorpacing on Friday, my partner, Randy "The Eagle" ripped my wedding band clean off. I didn't even know until Bobby asked me if I had it on as he thought he heard and saw it bouncing in turn 2. Found it.
I've lost one wedding band in about 10 years. Don't want to make it 2. Especially explaining "I was holding this guys hand and he was really rippin' it, I came in too slow and he pulled the ring right off..."
Speaking of Dernys, I have a sweet line on one. Motorpacing anyone?


Wamsley turned me on to this one:

No comments:

Post a Comment