Thursday, August 6, 2009

Tour is over. What now?


The Tour is over. What will I do now to pass the "cycling time"?
The Vuelta? Nah. Booooooring. Even the scenery sucks.
Worlds? Maybe. Coverage is poor, however.
Track Cycling? Losing it's momentum. Getting late in the season and that buzz in the infield seems to be gone. Only 3 Fridays and 5 Tuesdays left.
College Football? Sure. That starts at the end of August. Some good early season games. Who to watch this year: Penn State, Florida, Oklahoma, Texas, USC. Oh, and some team in Columbus. Upset: LSU at home over Florida. Florida will come in a 3 point favorite. Bet this game.
Cross? You know it!!! Just ordered some Challenge Tubies and need to retool the Pinarello to get it ready to rock.
Intend on racing the 35+ scene. Definitely the most competitive cross category outside the Elites.
5th St. Cross is no more...Oh well. All good things must end.
Thinking of building a Pump/BMX/MotoX track in my yard:

My wife thinks this, like all my ideas, is another great one!!!
For those of you asking, the new Ridley should be here in September...Hopefully.

1 comment:

  1. Weird, I was thinking about pumpin' your wife's track in your back yard...

    Do it up effer, I need a reason to build up the vintage CycleCraft BMX frame I found on eBay. My wife thinks its a great idea too...

    ReplyDelete