Friday, June 12, 2009

Pain on the Horizon


Hopefully this won't happen tonight...

So I will do my first Friday night race tonight at the VPCC.
Should be really fun.
I have done 3 Tuesday night races with the same crowd but I think the intensity of "Fridays" should be all it's cracked up to be. High.
We have quite a lineup of activities tonight: 25 lap points, 10 lap scratch, flying mile heats/final, then a 100 lap madison. Hurt Locker.
The madison should, no doubt, be the hardest thing I've done on a bike. We did a 40 lapper on Tuesday and I thought I wasn't gonna make it.

I will be riding with Randy "The Eagle" Smargiassi. We worked well on Tuesday and stayed with the lead group for the first 1/3 of the race. After a few botched exchanges, we were off them and into the second group. We were in the top half of the teams out there.
The key for tonight will be to stay near the front and out of trouble. The race will be WFO the whole time.
The teams to watch:
Bobby/Pearson
Colavita Guy#1/Colavita Guy#2
Jackie Simes/Whomever
Lanelle/Epes
Fitzie/Mean Aussie Dude who threatened to punch Torch in the face
Teams to heckle:
Chopper/Kuklic
My only goal is to beat this team...Hope I can stay in contact.
Also, LionofFlanders.com will be up and running soon. Got the socks in this week. 4 colors: yellow, black, white, bright-ass yellow. 4" cuff, DeFeet Air-e-ator
Come see me if you want to buy a pair: $5 per.

2 comments:

  1. Nice I'll take a black and white pair

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take black/silver and a white/black. Can I pay in you PBR pounders at the track?

    ReplyDelete