Sunday, June 28, 2009

Go Team Go



Selene and Cush ride their bikes...Lots.
They have been training for this two-person stage race in BC and I think they have a shot at it.
It seems like they've been training for this thing since 2008. Logging big days in virtually any conditions. I have never seen a pair of cyclists so focused for such a long period of time.
For those of you not in the know, Selene writes a column for Bicycling under "Fitchick" and Cush, well, nobody knows what he does for Bicycling but I think it involves riding a lot of bikes.
They are both great people and I wish them the best of luck this week. They may even be spotted with the coolest socks ever!!!
You can follow them on their blog: http://bicycling.com/blogs/junkshow/
I'm sure they'll do the Valley proud.
Enough about them, let's talk about the "Ryan of Flanders" (B. Ford's creation).
Raced Friday night at the VPCC. The rain came and went pretty fast. They used some bad-a$$ F250 to dry the track and we were off.
Made it halfway? in the miss-n-out.
Stayed on the lead lap and with the group in the 5 mile, 10lap, and 30lap points...Progress.
There were some sketchy moves out there. Team Barbados is outtacontrol. A few locals made the night interesting as well.
I just hope to stay out of trouble and not cause problems for anyone as I don't want to have my Friday night privileges revoked.
Doesn't Skorochod take the best pics?

No comments:

Post a Comment